What We Do
At Amos House, everyone has a seat at the table.
Rhode Island's Largest Soup Kitchen
In 2019, we served over 141,000 free meals in our Soup Kitchen to those in need. All meals are balanced, delicious, and nutritionally dense. We do our best to feature options for those who may have restrictions pertaining to health or religious food choices.
In order to maintain health standards during the COVID-19 crisis, all meals are currently served to-go.
Monday - Friday:
- Breakfast 7:00am - 8:00am
- Lunch 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Lunch 11:00am - 12:00pm
*We are closed the first Saturday of each month
A House of Hospitality for those in need
Amos House is a place without judgment, a place of nourishment for body and soul.
Nearly 70,000 Rhode Islanders live in deep poverty—making less than $9,601 per year for a family of three. Many of these working poor are among the 500+ people who come to our dining hall each day for a hot meal.
In order to continue serving our community in 2020 amidst the COVID-19 crisis, we instituted a number of changes to our Soup Kitchen program, including:
- adding a temporary evening meal for the months of March, April, May, and June
- temporarily suspending our volunteer service program in order to reduce exposure in the kitchen
- creating multiple staff shifts to prevent cross contamination
- delivering meals to area emergency shelters and tent encampments