Who We Are
About Amos House
Since 1976, Amos House has been a staple of the Rhode Island nonprofit community, serving the homeless, unemployed, and those
who are living in poverty.
Meeting the Needs of Our Communities
At Amos House, community is the foundation of who we are and how we serve. From our humble beginnings in 1976 as a small soup kitchen, to today's place as a leading agency in the Rhode Island nonprofit community, we have always been here to serve those who need us.History of Amos House
Mission & Vision
Helping people help themselves out of homelessness and poverty through vital services and results-oriented programs.
Our Guiding Principles:
- All people are to be treated with dignity and respect
- People have the inherent ability to succeed
- The causes of poverty are complex and require innovative responses
- Community is the foundation of our work
- We all grow when we work together
Amos House is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of Rhode Island community and business leaders.Meet our Board
Our staff is engaged and devoted to building opportunity for those we serve.Meet our staff