From food to housing, we help people move out of crisis.
With our varied programs and services, Amos House broadens the paths of possibilities for change for those in need. Through crisis intervention, housing, recovery meetings, intensive case management, job training and development, financial services, legal assistance, and ongoing outreach programs, Amos House helps change lives and creates possibilities where none existed before.
Emergency Assistance programs include:
- Street Outreach Program: Our Outreach Team works with unsheltered women who are at risk for violence, providing them with vital supplies, case management, and access to housing and recovery services.
- Housing Assistance: including help covering utility bills, rental assistance, and other costs associated with securing housing
- Hygiene Packets: Each year, Amos House distributes more than 15,000 individual hygiene packets to men, women, and families.
- IDs and Birth Certificates: For many, obstacles to employment or education may be as simple as replacing an ID or Birth Certificate. Our Case Managers help those in need cover the fees and navigate the process, in the process opening doors for opportunity.
- A Hand Up: A day labor program for individuals who are panhandling or at risk for panhandling, AHU offers cash payment for daily work in addition to connecting them to supportive services intended to help individuals access other options and greater opportunities.